Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hanna (4.5)



(Watch the Trailer)

A 16 year old girl is trained by her father to be the worlds deadliest assassin. Finally it's her time to go out into the world to fulfill her duty: to kill a women who has been hunting for her her entire life.

I have been looking forward to this movie since the first teaser a long time ago. I had built it up in my mind for months and marked the opening date on my calendar and all that nerdy stuff. You know what, it was just as good if not better than I wanted and hoped it to be. I loved every minute of it.

Saoirse Ronan....you're the coolest chick alive right now. Without any battle, you win, hands down. She owned this movie and her role. This performance is something that I hope people really get the chance to see her. She was first really noticed in The Lovely Bones but watching her in The Way Back and now this amazing movie really made my eyebrows raise. I look forward to her next project...

I hadn't really noticed Eric Bana all that much. He sort of disappeared a little bit, or at least, dropped of my radar for awhile. While his screen time wasn't as much as I wanted later on his few scenes were beyond fantastic. He can really do action. Oh man, some of his fight scenes...I was yelling out in the theatre. I couldn't help it, so good. High five Bana.

Cate Blanchett was sadly not as amazing as I wanted her to be. Not sure if her character just didn't appeal to me this time or something but I didn't really care when she was around.

This is more of a chase movie rather than a shoot 'em up action flick. Oh, trust me, there are guns and blood and that goodness, but mostly it's about escape and hand-to-hand combat. You wont be disappointed though. Really. Some of the fight choreography gave me goosebumps...not just because I'm weird like that, but because it was original and very well done.

Soundtrack...amazing! It really just completed the movie for me. Joe Wright did a great job directing but you really need the music to make a good film. The Chemical Brothers nailed it for sure, I may even buy this soundtrack if I see it in the near future.

If you like action movies at all you should try to make it to the big screen to see this movie. The louder and bigger the better. It had more comedy in it than I was expecting but not enough to take it off track. I also liked all the relationships, either new or old, that they let us in on during the course of the film. Really helped me find some necessary layers to Hanna and her life.

Saoirse Ronan....no words.

Loved it!

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...